Monday, April 16, 2007

Final Assignment: Meliorist Re-Design







Here is my final assignment, the redesign of the Meliorist. For this assignment I tried a variety of different things but finally settled on using a sort of "zine" style with a very informal feel, the way I think a student paper should be. I tried to keep it bright to catch people's eye as they walk by and also give it a youthful feel that would make the student population want to read the paper since, right now, not a lot of people do.
I chose to use the Abortion and Head Shave stories as my articles because they are both something that the students at the U of L care a lot about. The abortion issue is a heavily debated issue here and I thought I should try and represent it my own way. As well, the Head Shave was a huge event and something that our University should be proud of because they raised $38 ooo which is amazing.
For the cover I wanted it to look kind of like a notebook that had been scribbled all over and spilled on. I am pretty happy with how it turned out.;

No comments: