Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Frank Lloyd Wright.. but with less angles.

So for my architecture assignment I chose to redo Frank Lloyd Wright's "Falling Water" which was designed privately for a couple in Pennsylvania but is now a museum. I picked it because I think his designs are very neat and very creative. I thought I would redo it by changing it from being angular, to being very soft. I did this by using nice pastel colours and the charcoal and watercolour brushes. This was the first time I really experimented with the different brushes so it was a good experience for me. I am learning more about Illustrator by the day. I also experience some major difficulties with this assignment because my pirated version of this program at home decided to crap out on me and I ended up not being able to save, and since I am forgetful, I ended up losing a lot. However, the only way I could salvage my work was to use the trusty print screen which unfortunately made it lose a LOT of quality. But I didnt have time to totally redo it so I have to settle, I guess. Oh well.

No comments: